iDisciple Podcast: Shaping Culture
In Atlanta, Jimi found a home at Passion City Church, pastored by Louie and Shelley Giglio. He began serving there, eventually using his gifts to lead worship. He has since been featured at Passion Conferences, first with his song “Surrender” on the Passion 2016 worship album, Salvation’s Tide Is Rising. He recently released his Heaven EP, and is going on tour this fall with label mate Crowder.
We pray that this episode will change the way you view worship music and the role Christians should play in influencing culture!
- Jimi shares stories about how his love of music blossomed at a young age, including the story about how he got his first guitar and how much of an impact his first music teacher had on him.
- How his music and his creativity is shaped by his beliefs.
- Why he’s surprised that there aren’t more people in the church making music and shaping the culture.
- The story behind the song Beacon and how it was written during one of the most difficult times in Jimi’s life.
- Jimi explains how biblical truth and real life experiences changed the Heaven EP from a philosophical work of art into something more tangible and real to him.
- And many more!
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple