iDisciple Podcast: Impacting the World
Francis Chan is the founder and president of Crazy Love Ministries, and bestselling author of Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God, and co-author of You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity.
Pat Bradley is the Founder and CEO of Crisis Aid International, a non-profit that serves in some of the most war-torn and poverty-stricken places on Earth, battling famine, disease, disasters, and sex trafficking.
Francis and his wife Lisa spent their 20th wedding anniversary serving with Crisis Aid International in East Africa and came face-to-face with some of the most extreme poverty on Earth. After coming home from the trip, Francis and Lisa were moved to do something drastic to address the horrible issues they witnessed. They self-published their next book on marriage, You and Me Forever, and committed to donate all of the proceeds to organizations fighting extreme poverty.
We pray that the powerful stories shared in this episode move you to make a difference in the world!
- Francis describes some of the horrific things he saw in East Africa as “…what the world would be devoid of God” but also explains how they were able to see hope in those hopeless places.
- Pat educates us on a few of the ways that Crisis Aid is doing the Lord’s work in East Africa, including purchasing a brothel in the red-light district and transforming it into a vocational training school to educate women.
- How the Chan’s book about marriage, You and Me Forever, puts a strong emphasis on you and your spouse’s shared “mission”.
- Why we should be so aware of our fragility as humans and focus on making an impact with our lives right now.
- Francis implores us all as believers to seek out the calling that God has for our lives and pursue it wholeheartedly.
- And many more!
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple