iDisciple Podcast: Understanding the Bible
As a child growing up in a church that didn’t encourage Bible reading, Skip was thrilled to learn that he truly could read and understand the Bible. Skip tells us why he wrote Bloodline and what blessings he hopes it will bring into the lives of it’s readers.
Today’s guest on the iDisciple podcast, Skip Heitzig ministers to over 15,000 people as senior pastor of Calvary Albuquerque. He reaches out to thousands across the nation and throughout the world through his multimedia ministry including a nationwide half-hour radio program, Connect with Skip Heitzig.
Skip is also the author of several books, including: Defying Normal, You Can Understand the Book of Revelation, and How to Study the Bible and Enjoy It.
He has also published over two dozen booklets in the Lifestyle series, covering various aspects of Christian living and serves on several boards, including Samaritan's Purse and Harvest.
Skip and his wife, Lenya, and son and daughter-in-law, Nathan and Janaé, live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Skip and Lenya are the proud grandparents of Seth Nathaniel and Kaydence Joy.
- Skip talks about his conversion experience through a Billy Graham Television Crusade.
- Skip’s passion for the word of God and the message of salvation as explained through his new book, Bloodline.
- Throughout the book, Skip traces God’s foreshadowing of Jesus from Genesis through the entire Bible in order to unfold God’s rescue mission from Eden to Eternity.
- Skip talks about why looking for Jesus in every story of the Bible is so important.
- Skip and David unpack how the lineage of Jesus and the redemptive story of scripture wind together to tell the redemptive story of God.
- Skip highlights the importance of the identity of the reader as an adopted royal child and how that revelation has the opportunity completely change our outlook on life.
- Skip ends the interview talking about the tender heart of the Father that set it in his heart before time began to rescue his children.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple