How to Pray for Your Future Husband
I started praying for my future husband when I was 17 years old and pregnant with my son. I wanted someone who could love both me and my child. I wanted someone who loved God. God brought me an amazing man. John and I have been married for 23 years now. We had two more biological children, and we’ve adopted three more . . . making that six kids total! God has done more than I’d ever hoped or imagined.
My friend Robin Gunn and I wrote Praying for Your Future Husband a few years ago. The fun part is getting photos from some of the young women who prayed—wedding photos!
Of course there are women who are still praying and waiting, and we’ve gotten letters from them, too. They tell us they are drawing closer to God as they wait . . . and that is exactly what we hoped for!
In the moment, though, it’s hard to understand the wait. It may be hard for your future husband to understand, too.
Here are 6 ways to pray for understanding.
- Pray God’s Word will flood his heart.
- Pray your future husband will seek God and try to understand what God is doing in His life.
- Pray he has a tender heart that will be understanding of your past mistakes.
- Pray you will be understanding of his.
- Pray that if he has his heart broken, he will be surrounded by good friends who will support him during the healing process.
- Pray that in each of his relationships, he will develop an understanding heart and will always believe God has a different and better plan.
Written by Tricia Goyer
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple