How to Increase Your Faith
2 Thessalonians 1:3-4
What are some practical steps you can take to increase your level of faith today?
1. Read the Bible. Romans 10:17 explains, “Faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.” That is, you must feed your faith a steady diet of God’s Word.
2. Exercise your faith. An aspiring body builder doesn’t begin by lifting 500 pounds the first day. Rather, he exercises daily, gradually increasing his strength. Regularly exercising faith can bring about similar growth spiritually.
3. Embrace trials. First Peter 1:3-9 reveals the difficult truth that adversity, addressed in God’s power, creates greater faith. Just as a fire purifies precious metals, hardship strips away all but the pure core of faith.
4. Examine the testimonies of others. A testimony is an individual’s own account of God’s activity in his life. No one can ever deny, refute, or downplay someone else’s testimony. When you hear of God’s mighty deeds in another person’s life, your own faith in Him grows.
5. Pray. You get to know someone by talking to him. That’s just what prayer is: your personal communication with God. But don’t just talk; be sure to spend time listening. God wants to speak to you.
6. Practice obedience. You will never grow in your faith if you consistently disobey what God tells you to do. Perfect faith is a by-product of obedience. Put yourself in a position to see God’s best for your life, and your faith will soar.
Faith does not increase by accident. Growth takes time, dedication, and intentionality. Ask the Lord to help you exercise your faith today.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple