How Should We Pray?
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. - Ephesians 6:18 niv
Most all of us feel the need to pray, but we often are uncertain how to do it right. Sometimes we’re stumped and not sure where to begin. Jesus helped us with this by giving us a model, usually referred to as “the Lord’s Prayer,” in Matthew 6. His primary intention was not to have us recite it but to help us know how to pray and what to focus on when we pray. It was given to teach us how to talk with God, which is really what prayer is.
What does He specifically teach us?
1. We can know God as a father.
2. We need to take time to praise Him.
3. We are to pray for His will and His kingdom to come.
4. We want to pray for others while also asking God to meet our daily needs.
5. We want to ask God to forgive our sins and help us forgive others who have wronged us.
6. We want to ask for God’s strength and power in resisting the temptations of the evil one.
You can enrich your prayer life by studying the prayer Jesus taught us. The God who created the universe wants to talk with you. The Lord’s Prayer, which is really a disciple’s prayer, is Jesus’ model for us all.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple