How Can We Love Difficult People?
“If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” (Romans 12:18 NIV)
One of the most important skills we can develop as we walk with Christ is to love difficult people.
Here are four methods Jesus modeled when he encountered difficult people:
- Realize you can't please everybody. Even God can't do that! Refuse to play games (Matthew 22:18).
- Learn to say no to unrealistic expectations. Confront them by “speaking the truth in love” (Ephesians 4:15 NIV).
- NEVER retaliate (Matthew 5:38-39). It only lowers you to their level.
- Pray for them (Matthew 5:44). It will help both of you. Let God speak to them.
Talk About It
- Why is it better to please God instead of trying to please everybody else?
- What are some ways to say no to unrealistic expectations?
What are ways you can pray for the difficult people in your life?
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple