His Presence in Us Changes Everything
“So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves” (Galatians 5:16).
Early in my Christian life, I associated the Holy Spirit with strange manifestations and weird, bizarre behavior. I shied away from any teaching on the Holy Spirit. Maybe that’s the case for you as well. I’m happy to say, nothing could be further from the truth.
The Holy Spirit’s ministry in our lives transforms us from the inside out. Learning to trust His work is truly life-changing.
So often, as I talk to people on the Basic Gospel broadcast, I hear a deep sense of frustration in their voices. They genuinely desire to experience the abundant life Jesus promised, but they don’t know what that looks like or how to do it.
When they learn how to “walk in the Spirit,” as Paul states in Galatians 5:16, their lives are never the same.
Here are key truths concerning the work of God’s Spirit in our lives:
- God’s Spirit makes us alive in Christ (Titus 3:4-5).
- He assures us that we are indeed children of God (Romans 8:16).
- As our Comforter and Counselor, He guides us into all truth by taking the things of Jesus and making them known to us (John 16:13-14).
- He gives us the power to understand and experience the love of God (Ephesians 3:16-19).
- He works in us to will and do of God’s good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).
- He expresses the fruit of His life through us (Galatians 5:22-23).
Jesus Christ is alive, and through the Spirit, He lives in the hearts of His children. His presence in us changes everything. Study the passages above and ask God to reveal the truth of the Holy Spirit. As you grow in your knowledge of Him, this truth will become more real and you will begin to experience real change in your daily life.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple