Heaven or Hell: The Choice Is Yours
“What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror; then we shall see face-to-face.” (1 Corinthians 13:12a GNT)
Recently, I was leaning back in a dentist’s chair. My mouth was wide open, and there were all kinds of dental tools in my mouth. The technician leaned over and asked, “So, what happens after I die?” I said, “It all depends on how much you hurt me!”
Then I said, “I know this: We won’t need dentists in Heaven. They may be needed in Hell, but we won’t need them in Heaven.”
The Bible teaches that everything you see right now is temporary. Your body will not last — and that includes your teeth. Your house and office won’t last. The trees and the rivers and even the mountains won’t last forever.
All the things you see right now are temporary. The things you don’t see right now are eternal realities.
The truth is, the things that are going to last forever are things we can’t see. We can’t see God, the Holy Spirit, the angels, or Heaven. According to the Bible, those things are going to last forever. The apostle Paul says in 1 Corinthians 13:12, “What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror; then we shall see face-to-face” (GNT).
Here’s the really good news: God created you to last forever, and you get to choose where you spend eternity.
One day your heart’s going to stop, and that’s going to be the end of your body — but it’s not going to be the end of you. The Bible says God wants you to spend eternity with him.
These are the realities of life:
- First, God made you to love you, and he wants your love back.
- Second, God created you to last forever.
- Third, God has prepared two places where you can spend eternity: Heaven and Hell.
- Fourth, you get to choose where you’ll spend eternity. You can choose to live forever in Heaven with God.
- And, finally, there is no second chance after you die.
There will be no second chance. Today is the day to settle where you will spend eternity. Open your life to Jesus Christ, and accept his gift of eternal life with him in Heaven. The choice is yours!
Talk It Over
- What makes it easier sometimes to focus on temporary things rather than eternal things?
- Why do you think God gives us a choice of where we spend eternity?
- When did you make the choice to live forever with God in Heaven? How has it changed the way you live?
Special Offer: "Eternal Realities: Heaven and Hell" Complete Audio Series
Purchase Series: "Eternal Realities: Heaven and Hell" Complete Audio Series