Healthy Relationships for Singles
It’s important to establish relationships that bring blessings into your life. The most important thing to remember in creating healthy relationships is to live your life with purpose.
Marriage and family therapist Jeff Herring, in an article titled, Tips On How To Be A Successful Single, offers insight:
- One of the best ways to find your life partner is to be a happy and successful single person living the life that you really want.
- Know what types of people are bad for you and avoid them.
- Don’t just wait for someone to come knocking at your door. It can be a long wait. Get out into social situations.
- Seek out healthy choices in potential partners.
- Create an attractive and compelling life that someone would be eager to be a part of.
You will discover those who are drawn to you. Choose relationships with those that are on the same page with you spiritually and emotionally. You don’t just want any relationship. You want a healthy relationship.
It’s healthy if:
- You are attracted physical and emotionally.
- You have the same values and beliefs.
- You find friendship first and allow it to sustain the relationship.
Keep an open mind and heart. Don’t put your life on hold waiting for a relationship to happen, but instead show yourself friendly and seek out those who add encouragement and inspiration to your life.