He Is Precious
You come to him, the living Stone... Now to you who believe, this stone is precious (1 Peter 2:4, 7, NIV).
- Have you ever denied the Lord?
- Denied Him with your silence?
- Denied Him with your behavior?
- Denied Him by calling yourself a Christian yet not acting like one?
- Denied Him by the priorities and plans and people and places in your life that are Christ-less?
If you have denied Jesus—and surely all of us have in some way—then you know something of the price Peter paid in shame and humiliation for his denial. Instead of repressing your shame and guilt, will you confess it to the Lord so that you can experience the same forgiveness and restoration that Peter did?
When you do, you can share the testimony with Peter and the saints down through the ages who know from their own experience that He is precious! “Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening” (1 Sam 3:9, NIV).
Just Give Me Jesus