Good Attitude in Marriage
A good attitude will help your marriage succeed.
Many times marriages fail, not because of a lack of love, but because spouses do not have a good attitude. They wear each other down with negativity.
Your attitude has a huge impact on your life. Unsuccessful people seem to find something wrong, even in good times, while successful people strive for an attitude of gratitude, even in bad times.
Your outlook on life begins with your thinking—what you allow your mind to dwell on—it shows up in your attitude.
Life is so short. The cost of having a bad attitude is high. Your attitude affects everything in your life. It’s the lens through which you see the world.
How are you at looking on the bright side of life? Ask yourself these questions.
- Am I better at finding what is right or what is wrong in most circumstances?
- Do I look forward to the future?
- Am I happy about the success of others?
- Do I notice something good nearly every day?
- Am I more likely to point out a positive trait or a mistake or a flaw in the people around me?
If a negative attitude is wearing your marriage out, make the intentional decision to change it. Identify your triggers toward negativity. The next time it occurs, try something different.
Whenever possible, hang out with people with great attitudes. Learn from them. Ask how they keep a good attitude in difficult situations.