Scripture: Psalm 75-78
“God says, ‘At the time I have planned.’" Psalm 75:2b (NLT)
Asaph served as the choir director for King David. In addition to being a loyal servant to David, he was a talented and gifted composer. He penned Psalm 75, as well as many other psalms. Asaph’s awareness of God's faithfulness and provision is obvious when we read his works.
His phrase, “At the time I planned,” causes me to pause. I am overwhelmed by the idea that God planned everything that has happened or will happen. There isn’t anything I can or cannot do to thwart what He has ordained.
God has a plan for everything under the sun, on the earth, and under the earth (Ecclesiastes 3:1). He has preparations laid out for His church, His people as a whole, and for you and me. We can rest assured that in due time, God will bring to fruition all His designs. Let’s celebrate His power to plan with these verses!
- Psalms 33:11, "But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations."*
- Jeremiah 29:11, "‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’"
- Ephesians 2:10, "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
- Philippians 1:6, "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
- 1 Peter 5:6, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time."
*(all verses are from the NIV)
Our greatest assurance about God’s plan is found in God’s Word. Scripture stands firm and passes the test of time! Re-read the verses of hope above aloud and allow God to minister to your heart. These truths will help you stand mighty against the enemy's attempt to steal, kill, and destroy the future that the Lord has planned for you.
Get more encouragement and spiritual direction for your life with iDisciple
Non-registered users are limited to 10 articles per month.
This is your 8th discipleship resource viewed within 30 days. Create a free account today to remove the limit
Already a member? Login to iDisciple