God’s Love Is Always with You
“Surely your … unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life” (Psalm 23:6a NLT, second edition).
Like goodness, God’s unfailing love follows us in life.
King David says it pursues us! Picture a parent following a little kid around and picking up after the child. When we’re struggling with hurts, habits, and hang-ups, God comes right alongside us, helping to pick up our messes and telling us that his unfailing love is always there.
This means that, rather than entering the future with a question mark, you can do it with an exclamation point! God will be with you no matter what happens. He will help you out: “Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever” (Psalm 23:6 NLT, second edition).
Goodness is the fact that God gives us good things in life that we don’t deserve. Mercy means God holds back the condemnation we deserve.
- God’s goodness will provide and protect.
- God’s mercy (unfailing love) will pardon and forgive.
- God’s goodness will supply.
- God’s mercy will soothe.
- God’s goodness will help.
- God’s mercy and love will heal.
You can count on it!
Talk It Over
- What big dream would you pursue if you fully believed God’s goodness and love were pursuing you every day of your life?
- What does it mean to you to enter the future with an exclamation point?
- How can you share with others about God’s goodness to you and his same offer to them?
Special Offer: The Daniel Plan 365-Day Devotional Softcover Book
Purchase Series: "God's Prescription for a Healthy Life" Complete Audio Series
This devotional © 2016 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple