Rather than entering the future with a question mark, you can do it with an exclamation point! God will be with you no matter what happens.
“Surely your … unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life” (Psalm 23:6a NLT, second edition).
Like goodness, God’s unfailing love follows us in life.
King David says it pursues us! Picture a parent following a little kid around and picking up after the child. When we’re struggling with hurts, habits, and hang-ups, God comes right alongside us, helping to pick up our messes and telling us that his unfailing love is always there.
This means that, rather than entering the future with a question mark, you can do it with an exclamation point! God will be with you no matter what happens. He will help you out: “Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever” (Psalm 23:6 NLT, second edition).
Goodness is the fact that God gives us good things in life that we don’t deserve. Mercy means God holds back the condemnation we deserve.
- God’s goodness will provide and protect.
- God’s mercy (unfailing love) will pardon and forgive.
- God’s goodness will supply.
- God’s mercy will soothe.
- God’s goodness will help.
- God’s mercy and love will heal.
You can count on it!
Talk It Over
- What big dream would you pursue if you fully believed God’s goodness and love were pursuing you every day of your life?
- What does it mean to you to enter the future with an exclamation point?
- How can you share with others about God’s goodness to you and his same offer to them?
Special Offer: The Daniel Plan 365-Day Devotional Softcover Book
Purchase Series: "God's Prescription for a Healthy Life" Complete Audio Series
This devotional © 2016 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.