It was the busiest day of my week. I was prepping for Sunday, had a packed calendar of meetings, and had over-committed my time for the week. I knew I needed to find time to exercise, so I slipped into the gym when I thought it would be least crowded. That one-hour visit turned into a two-hour experience. I exercised very little, but I was able to invest in a young man who needed some life direction. He emailed me later to tell me how important our conversation was to him and that he felt God intended for us to meet that day. I think he was right.
Over the years, I’ve learned a few things about God appointments…
God appointments seldom find their way on a calendar…
- They happen while standing in line at the supermarket
- They may occur while studying at a coffee shop
- They show up in random encounters
God appointments have a “mind of their own”…
- They don’t care about a schedule
- They aren’t concerned about interruptions
- They never appear to be planned
God appointments can be missed…
- As busy and effective leaders, our schedules are often full
- Sometimes we rush from one meeting to another
- We may overlook the most important part of our day
Keep the eyes of your heart open today for God appointments
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple