Getting Older Through the Lens of Scripture
Feeling a little melancholy about seeing another birthday come and go? Don’t be. While the world may emphasize remaining young, the Bible makes it clear that wisdom and respect come with age.
You have so much to offer the Body of Christ. If you have served the Lord for many years, then you are a wonderful example of what it looks like to love the Lord over a lifetime, and if you didn’t come to the Lord until later in life, then you can share just how thankful you are for the difference He has made in your life.
Need more reasons to be thankful for getting older? Take a look at what the Word has to say about this season of life:
* “The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is the grey head.” – Proverbs 20:29 (KJV)
* “The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing.” –Psalm 92:12-14 (KJV)
* “Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a godly life.” – Proverbs 16:31
* “Teach the older men to exercise self-control, to be worthy of respect, and to live wisely. They must have sound faith and be filled with love and patience. Similarly, teach the older women to live in a way that honors God. They must not slander others or be heavy drinkers. Instead, they should teach others what is good. These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God.” –Titus 2:2-5
* “With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.” – Job 12:12 (KJV)
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple