Get Some Vision!
Without a vision, people perish (Proverbs 29:18).
King Solomon, the writer of Proverbs, was indeed wise. He realized that we all need a vision—a sense of direction and destiny—a guiding framework around which we can make decisions and set distinct objectives toward which we strive.
Using the questions below, discuss each item and begin to identify specific goals you’d like to see accomplished in your marriage and family:
- In what two key ways would you like to see me grow personally in the next year?
- How would you like me to pray for you in the next few months?
- What is a recurring concern you may have about each of our children?
- What is an important item you’d like to see emphasized in our romance?
- What do you see as two of the most important challenges we may face this year?
- What improvements or changes would you most like to see around our home?
This type of vulnerable sharing, followed by mutual support allows a couple and a family to experience the joy of saying, “We did it!” Get a vision and then get busy!