Get Assistance From Your School
Use school resources to help you with your college and career search process.
While the college and career search process requires a lot individual work, most high schools do offer assistance to students who desire help before graduation. Do not wait until your senior year to begin this process; because it will only lead to frustration. Start preparing yourself for college and your career today!
Consider the following:
- Do you have a school counselor who is able to help you with college and career planning?
- Does your high school have a college fair on campus or nearby that you can attend?
- Does your high school require that you do service hours before graduation? If so, could you use some of these hours volunteering in your areas of career interest?
- Have you talked with everyone you know about possible connections between your choice of college major and a particular career field?
Preparing for college and your future career can be challenging, especially if there is no thought, preparation or practice put into it. Do not expect the answers to come to you. You must make the effort to seek after the answers to your questions.
Prepare for your next move
These steps will help you make the transition from high school to what lies next:
- Do not assume that you have to go to a 4-year college, especially if you would prefer to study a major that can be completed in a 1 or 2 year program.
- Be flexible and focus on serving others as you pursue different opportunities
- Continue to update your references at all times
- Keep networking to expand your contacts for current and future opportunities
- Seek purpose and exercise your values in school and work
- See every activity and project as an opportunity to improve your outlook
Your school is there to help. Your counselors and teachers have walked hundreds or even thousands of students down this path so don’t miss out on the help they have to offer.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple