Four Decisions That Determine Your Destiny
“If you are … unable to make up your mind and undecided in all you do, you must not think that you will receive anything from the Lord.” (James 1:7-8 GNT)
In Dr. Seuss’ poem, “The Zode in the Road,” a young Zode comes to a fork in the road and spends quite some time trying to decide which place to go to. He thinks about the possibility that one place may be too hot and the other too cool, or one too high and the other too low. After scratching his head in indecision, the Zode finally decides to play it safe and “start off for both places at once!”
And that meant the Zode got nowhere.
What decision do you need to make? I implore you do something great with your life for Jesus’ sake. Don’t be a Zode. Don’t waste your life. Don’t live in mediocrity. Don’t just exist! Make the decisions that will determine your destiny.
There are four life-changing decisions that every person has to make:
1. To commit your life to Christ and become a part of his family. If you haven’t done that, what are you waiting on? Not to decide is to decide.
2. To commit to the habits that will help you grow spiritually. Don’t be a wishy-washy, lukewarm, shallow Christian. Go head on. Be all that God wants you to be.
3. To use your talents, gifts, abilities, and experiences to serve God and others. Some of you have been sitting on the bench, and it’s time to get in the game.
4. To share Jesus Christ with others. Once you know the Good News, you’re to become a messenger so that others may hear it, too.
“If you are … unable to make up your mind and undecided in all you do, you must not think that you will receive anything from the Lord” (James 1:7-8 GNT).
The decision is yours.
Talk It Over
- Why do you think God lets us make decisions about our destiny?
- How has indecision or procrastination kept you from doing something great for God?
- What decision is God asking you to make today? How will you respond?
This devotional © 2017 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple