First Impressions That Last


You never get a second chance to make a first impression, so make yours count!

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

First impressions count so make it count for good. Start with a heart attitude that balances individuality and conformity to make a positive contribution to another person with your dress, grooming, posture, tone and words.

Dress to impress
It's more about how you wear what you wear. It has to fit, be clean and neat. Try to pick clothes that complement your coloring, are compatible with people you are meeting, and add just a touch of your individuality.

Good grooming gets careers booming
Take care of yourself: eat right, exercise and get plenty of rest. Take care of your skin: clean, moisturize and light make-up. Take care of your hair, and trim it everywhere: head, brows, ears and nose. Keep your teeth brushed, flossed and whitened. Always show-up showered and clean.

Better posture promotes higher positions
Effective communication is only 7% words. Half of the other 93% is about your posture - how you carry yourself. Sit up with interest. Stand straight, but not stiff. Walk with purpose. Smile with confidence. Look around with alertness. Good physical posture leads to better career positions.

Voice tone gets careers humming
How you say what you say is as important as the words you deliver. Speak clearly with enough volume to be heard. Vary your pitch and pace - slowing down and emphasizing important words and phrases. Talk with interest, enthusiasm and passion.

Positive words get good results
"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear." Ephesians 4:29

Close encounters of the right kind
Great meetings and greetings begin with eyes connecting, lips smiling, firm handshaking and a "good morning (afternoon or evening). My name is _____." Wait for the other person to offer their name, and then repeat it back to be sure you heard it right and value it. Then ask a question about them followed by active listening.

Best impressions start with your heart
Whatever is in your heart will show up on your lips. So let your heart be filled with the love of God and let "the fruit of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" - make first impressions that last.

If He Wills
Greg Laurie
Seeking God's Will: Getting Specific
Sean McDowell
Eliminate Failure
Larry Burkett
Top 10 Tips for Best Ever Networking
Brian Ray
What I Wish I Would've Known Yesterday
Emily Manke
Follow Us

Want to access more exclusive iDisciple content?

Upgrade to a Giving Membership today!

Already a member? Login to iDisciple