Fellowship, Friendship, and Passion
They shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24
In our training, teaching, and writing, we refer to God's plan for marriage intimacy as the freedom to share all of oneself with one's spouse—spirit, soul, and body. It's our prayer that your marriage be challenged by the mystery of God's plan for two becoming one. From the opening chapters of Scripture, He had a plan for marriage, and much of that plan can be seen in the mystery of oneness.
It's our hope that you walk as:
- Two saints sharing fellowship
- Two recipients of transforming grace living in the awe and wonder of being loved by their Creator (John 1:16)
- Two mere humans experiencing together the inexpressible joy of being children of God, partakers of the divine nature (2 Peter 1:4)
- Two friends of Christ who deeply know one another and know the One who has called you into eternal life (John 15:15)
- Two aliens walking in this world, but not of this world (1 Peter 2:11; John 17:16), laboring together as ambassadors for Christ, being transformed together into His image (2 Corinthians 3:18; 5:20), longing together for His return (1 John 3:2).
It's our prayer that you become very best friends—two hearts stirred to cherish each other, experiencing together life's joys and struggles. It's our desire that you enjoy the specialness of two lovers sharing passion, physical excitement, expectation, and arousal prompting a desire to become "one flesh."
We pray that you will be able to experience oneness in every aspect of your marriage, giving glory to the One who created it. And finally, it's our earnest prayer that you be able to give testimony that you are never alone!
How would you rate the intimacy in three dimensions of your marriage—spirit, soul, and body? How could you bring
more "oneness" to each dimension?
Father, bless our journey together. Thank You that because of Your provision we are not alone.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple