Falling in Love with Jesus
What do you really want? I pray that my answer to that question would always be "more of Jesus." But we are often lured away from our first and true passion by other loves. When is the last time you let Jesus invite you to want more of Him? Picture encountering Jesus face-to-face. Imagine that He Himself asks you these two questions: "Who is it that you are seeking? Have I been among you so long and you don't know Me?" (John 20:15b, 14:9). Who are you seeking today? Do you want Jesus so passionately that you can't imagine spending a day without him? Do you know him so intimately that you come together with him in love, new life is conceived, and the fruit of love is coming forth?
The following guide is a call to the heart of God. Give yourself the gift of time. Slip away with the Lover of your soul for an hour, an afternoon, or a day and soak in this.
- Get still. Sit before Him to communicate with Him. Read Ps. 46:10; 2 Sam. 7:18; Rev. 3:20; Hab. 2:20. Write your response to Him.
- Draw near His heart. Read Jam. 4:8; Ps. 42:1-2; Isa. 55:1-3,6; Ps. 65:4, 73:28, 84:1-4,10. Write your response to Him.
- Seek His face. Read Mat. 7:7-8, Ps. 27:4,8; Ps. 63:1-8; Heb. 11:6; Jer. 29:11-14. Write your response to Him.
- Spend time in His presence. Read Ex. 33:14-15; Ps. 16:11, 89:1; Isa. 29:13, 63:9; Lam. 2:19; Jude 24-25. Write your response to Him.
- Spend time knowing Him better. You cannot love someone you do not know. Let Him teach you who He is through His names and attributes. Each one reveals something about Him. Encounter Him in His Word. Read Mat. 11:29; Jer. 9:23-24; Phi. 3:8,10. Tell Jesus that knowing Him is the most important thing in all the world to you. Write your response of adoration or sing Him a song.
- Tell Him all those things that you are willing to count as nothing compared with knowing Him and seeing His glory (Phi. 3:7-8): your ministry, your reputation, your personal strengths, your intellect, your pride, your self-sufficiency, your will, your ambition, your relationships, your job, your sins, your failures, etc. Say, "I give it all. I will not sacrifice to the Lord my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing (1 Chron. 21:23; 2 Sam. 24:24)." Give all that you know, and then open yourself up for God to show you new "all's." Write your response of surrender and commitment.
- Be overwhelmed with the awesome Person speaking to you. "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness (Jer. 31:3)." Receive His unfailing love. Let the Father hug you and pour His love into your heart by His Spirit.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple