Facing Your Giants
It’s no secret: God has designed you uniquely with talents and gifts and a specific purpose in mind that only you can fill. No one else fits His description of you, and no one ever will!
You are created in His image to reflect His glory and walk in the works He has prepared in advance for you. If God prepared it, you can do it! So, what does that look like? Like David versus Goliath:
When I studied the David-Goliath story (1 Samuel 17), I saw several principles of how to walk in the work God has prepared—regardless of how impossible and fearful it might be:
- Trust and obey.
- Show up and step out.
- Remember past victories that God has given you.
- Compare how big the impossible is to how big God is.
- Determine what might be lost and give it to God. You cannot lose what you give away.
- Use the weapons with which He has trained and equipped you (not someone else’s).
- Face the fear. When it is time, run quickly into the battle.
So, let me ask you, what Goliaths do you face in your life?
How can you apply these lessons from David to overcome them today?
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple