Don't Be Afraid
The Lord knows our feelings, and He knows we can be afraid. He knows we can hide behind fear when what He has planned for us seems too big.
Don’t find refuge in fear, but in the Lord!
In fact, fear is one of the first consequences of sin and our separation from God in the Bible: “...“I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself,”” Adam said. (see Genesis 3:10)
The devil’s tactic is to make us afraid. He prowls around like a roaring lion, the Bible says.
- Fear paralyzes.
- Fear distorts reality.
- Fear prevents us from making the right decisions.
- Fear forces us to retreat rather than move forward.
- Fear prevents us from entering in to the wonderful plan God has for our lives.
As it did for this man who received a talent but went and hid it out of fear…“ 'And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.' ” (the Bible, Matthew 25:25)
So, how do you overcome your fears?
- Start by recognizing the source. Is it fear of men, of what they’ll say, that’s preventing you from moving into the place that God has prepared for you? Here’s what the Bible declares: “ 'I, even I, am He who comforts you. Who are you that you should be afraid Of a man who will die, And of the son of a man who will be made like grass?'” (see Isaiah 51:12)
- Then, confess your fears to God. Don’t forget: what makes fear afraid is the Word declared! Take your stand...declare that God conquers your fears and that He is the One strengthening you. “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord.” (see the Bible, Isaiah 54:17)
Today, have the courage to declare that your battle belongs to God and to no other! You can stand without fear before God’s promises and go forward with your head held high.
Thanks for existing!
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple