Do You Know Him?
"Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation." Colossians 1:15, NLT
Many of us have all kinds of ideas about what Jesus is like—based mostly on misinformation, human opinion, personal experiences or religious traditions—but not always based on a real biblical revelation! What about you? Do you know Him? Fortunately, God is not mysterious or in hiding! He has openly revealed Himself.
Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God! If you want to know what God is like—look at Jesus. Study His life. Listen to His words. Follow His actions. Jesus perfectly revealed the Father God to humanity. When we look at everything Jesus said and did, we get an accurate picture of the character, heart and operations of God Almighty.
We don't ever have to question what God is like—Jesus revealed Him to us! Jesus said, "…He who has seen Me has seen the Father…." (John 14:9, NKJV)
What did Jesus show us about the Father God?
- Jesus always did good things for people. (Acts 10:38)
- Jesus didn't respect hypocrites. (Matthew 23:14)
- Jesus rebuked religious people who worshiped their traditions more than God Himself. (Mark 7:7-9)
- Jesus was severe with the hardhearted, deceitful and liars. (John 8:44)
- Jesus always showed mercy to the humble. (Matthew 9:13)
- Jesus healed everyone that came to Him in faith. (Luke 6:19)
- Jesus did miracles for people. (John 2:11)
- Jesus didn't appreciate unbelief. (Matthew 14:31)
- Jesus taught the Word when people had doubts. (Mark 6:6)
- Jesus had compassion on people. (Matthew 9:36)
- Jesus never condoned sin. (John 8:11)
- Jesus was our example in facing persecution and showed us how to handle it. (Matthew 5:11-12)
- Jesus was our substitute in hell. He went there to pay the penalty for our sins—so we wouldn't have to. (Psalm 16:10)
- Jesus loved and blessed kids. (Matthew 19:14)
- Jesus lived by faith in God's Word and told us to do the same. (Matthew 4:4)
- Jesus always showed up to protect His followers. (Matthew 8:25-28)
- Jesus was full of the Holy Spirit and showed us how to live a Spirit-filled life. (Mark 1:10)
- Jesus had more joy than anyone else and showed us it's possible to rejoice always. (Hebrews 1:9)
- Jesus never sent tragedy, calamity or sickness to teach someone a lesson. (John 10:10)
- Jesus always turned impossible situations into possibilities. (Matthew 19:26)
- Jesus loved sinners. (Luke 7:34)
Jesus revealed God to us. God is not the unpredictable, harsh, angry ogre many people have made Him out to be. God doesn't send evil to teach, humble or get the attention of His children. God is not mysterious.
Jesus put flesh and blood on the God of the Old Testament during His life and ministry in the New Testament—so we could see that God's real character is love. All of His intentions toward His people are and have always been full of mercy, compassion, patience, graciousness, faithfulness and truth. He has always given us His Word and statutes to live by, so that we could enjoy His goodness and the wonders of His Person in a genuine relationship with Him.
Today, I hope you receive a fresh revelation of who the Jesus really is.
Say It: "Father, I am so glad that Jesus revealed You to us! I believe Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God. Engrave that reality in my heart so I have an accurate view, picture and revelation of who You really are. You are a good God and You always have been. Help me be more like You to the world around me! In Jesus' Name. Amen."
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple