Do You Have a Vision for Your Life?
Do you have a vision for your life?
Life is way too short and you are way too important to God and the plans He has for your life for you to not have a vision for your life.
Ever been to a cemetery? Buried in the ground are not only people, but also the “visions that could have been.”
If you don’t have a vision for your life, you will take to your grave a lot of what “could have been!"
Here are 4 things I’ve done to help develop a vision for my life:
1. Know yourself.
- If you’re 5’3” and 112 lbs. and 20 years old, you won’t play middle linebacker for the Green Bay Packers. Ever!
- Who are you? What are your passions and do your passions align with your strengths?
2. Develop your strengths that align with your passions so you can carry out your vision.
- Once you discover your strengths– and this takes some time–develop them, hone them, and become an expert in them! This will take about 10,000 hours. Becoming an expert isn’t an overnight deal; it takes years of grinding. Are you willing to grind?
3. Learn from people who are doing what you want to do.
- Learn from successful people who are doing what you want to do. You do this, not to become a carbon copy of them, but to see how they do what they do, and incorporate it into your unique God-given “you-ness.”
4. Any finally, if your vision only makes your life better, it’s way too small and self-centered. And that sucks!
- Have a life vision that when you die, not just your family cries, but people you didn’t even know cry, because their life was better as a result of God working through your life.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple