Did You Know a Healthy Lifestyle Saves You Money?
With medical expenses being the number one cause of financial hardships, it pays to work at staying healthy. Here are few simple tips/benefits for staying healthy:
- Take advantage of free ways to exercise. You Tube sessions, walking, dancing and stretching; check out churches, senior centers, or the YMCA for exercise classes for little or no cost. Park farther from your destination so you walk more. Be aware of the need to move. Wear a Fitbit and record your progress.
- Keep portions in check. Food portions should be the size of a small fist. Use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate. When ordering, ask restaurants to pre-bag half your meal to go and eat the leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Save money on clothes. People who go up and down a clothing size every few months know that clothing expenses are costly. Keeping your weight at a healthy consistent level allows you to wear pieces longer and shop sales for your size.
- Spend less money on unhealthy vices. Cigarettes, soda, alcohol, desserts can be replaced with water, fruits, and vegetables.
- Spend less money on medication and doctors. Physical activity decreases the risk of more than 25 chronic health conditions, including heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.
- Save money on groceries. By not spending money on takeout and unhealthy restaurant meals you can really save!
- Grow Your Own. Organic and healthy homegrown foods are great and give you a workout and joy.
- Avoid the stress and cost of early assisted living and nursing homes.
- Save on coffee costs because added energy means you can skip the drink.
- Save on cosmetics. Exercise is good for your skin and improves your self-image. You won’t find the need to cover up with costly products.
- Reduce depression/improve your mood. Any type of exercise is good but particularly walking is beneficial.
- Skip the sleeping pills. Better sleep = better productivity.
You should be inspired to start today!
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple