Defining Love – A New Approach
Matthew 22:37-38 calls us to love in specific ways.
How to Love …
- Invest in your relationship with Him so you can get to know Him
- Spend time reading the Bible
- Listen to the Holy Spirit
- Talk to Him
- Write to Him in a journal or on a piece of paper
- Sing praises and worship Him
- Humble yourself before Him and seek Him first
- Surrender your thought life to Him; His plans are much better than we can ever begin to imagine
- Trust Him, He knows the plans He has for you – plans to prosper you and bring you hope and a future
- Allow God to be the only one to define who you are--not the world, your job or your past
- Renew your mind with His truths so that you can see yourself as God sees you
- Spend time reading the Bible and strengthening your relationship with God
- Look at them through God’s eyes
- Focus on the external side of life and live out His calling on your life
- Serve as an extension of Christ
- Trust God; in Him we have true and unlimited resources
- Remember that His love for us never changes
Putting Your Love into Action
It’s one thing to read and agree with various statements and disciplines. It’s another to truly live them out and apply the lesson learned. What steps do you plan to take, or have already taken? What other statements would you add about how to love God completely, ourselves correctly and/or others compassionately?
This post was written by Elizabeth Smith.