Cross the Bridge to Your Salvation
When was the last time you received an invitation—to a birthday party, a wedding or a baby shower, perhaps? Were you excited about the invitation, filled with expectation of who all would be there and what gift you might purchase for them?
You have a personal invitation to know Christ and become God’s child. The Bible tells us that if we confess the Lord Jesus with our mouth and believe in our heart that God raised him from the dead we can be a child of God and be saved. Jesus said, “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12 NLT).
From the very beginning God created man and woman for relationship with him. He placed them on the earth and gave them freedom of choice. Adam and Eve—the first of mankind—disobeyed God and that sin separated God from them and everyone born after them.
Sin caused a chasm between us and God. For all have sinned; all fall short of God’s glorious standard. God made a way for us to re-establish relationship with him through his Son. For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
Jesus became a bridge for us through his sacrifice on the cross, death burial and resurrection. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Jesus is the way but you and I have to make a personal choice to accept him as Lord and Savior. It’s the first step toward living the intentional life in Christ.
The difference between successful people and those who are not, is that successful people take action. It takes action each day to experience your relationship with God and grow in your faith. Here are five ONE THINGS you can do, starting now, that will help you live the intentional life in Christ.
- Read your Bible every day. If you don’t know where to start, begin in Proverbs reading the chapter that coincides with the day of the month.
- Talk to God in prayer. There are no rules about how you are to pray. It’s like a simple conversation you have with a friend.
- Spend time with other Christians in a church where the truth is preached. Allow others to encourage you in your faith.
- Share your story and tell others about Christ. Your story of God’s influence in your life will help others in their walk of faith.
- Demonstrate your relationship with God by loving others. Simple acts of kindness speak volumes about you and your relationship with God.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple