Intimacy is intentional! A couple’s closeness deepens when each person makes a special effort to know the other person's preferences for affection, and then takes the initiative to give.
The strongest couples prioritize meaningful time together and are intentional about making deep emotional connection. A couple’s closeness deepens when they make a special effort to know one another’s preferences for affection and then take initiative to give. Intimacy is intentional! So be intentional about:
1. Dating your Partner
Take turns describing your perfect date. Listen carefully for how you might give to each other and make the perfect date come true.
- My perfect date would include…
2. Prioritizing the Sexual Needs of Your Partner
Take turns expressing your desires for physical intimacy with one another. Relationships are strengthened when couples are vulnerable with their sexual preferences.
- I would love to keep the heat in our relationship by…
3. Verbalizing Love
Take turns remembering some of the tender moments and expression of love in your relationship. Reminisce together.
- I really sensed your genuine love for me when you said…
- I feel certain of your love for me when you say things like…
You might want to end your discussion with a plan for the future!
- Now that I know a little bit more about your preferences and your needs for affection, I am looking forward to planning a date for us that includes ______________. Because I love you, I want to show you my love in ways that are meaningful to you.
Finally, celebrate the fact that you have lived out the truth of God’s Word. You’ve loved one another well. And it just confirms that you’re becoming more and more like Him!
Let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7