Call Yourself a Rescue Ranger - A Family Devotional
Bible Reading: 1 Corinthians 9:22-23
I try to find common ground with everyone, so that I might bring them to Christ (1 Corinthians 9:22).
Kallie looked puzzled. “Isn't Jesus giving us way too big of a job when he tells us to reach the world? I mean, there are a bazillion kids just at my school. And how can I ever talk to the whole world? Where am I supposed to start?”
Great questions. And here are some questions for you to talk about:
• Think about your best friends. Are any of them non-Christians?
• Think about the people you spend big chunks of your day with at school or work. Are any of them non-Christians?
• Think about the people you live near. Are any of them non-Christians?
If you nodded yes to any of those questions, you can join God in his mission to rescue non-Christians. The people near to you are your place to start!
There are three tips to remember as you share Christ with these people:
1. Ask God to lead you. Think about it: God has already placed people all around you who don’t know him. When Brent prayed to be able to see nearby non-Christians the way God saw them, he found he cared more about them-and he noticed more chances to share his faith.
2. Be a friend to non-Christians. The Bible commands you to stick together with Christian friends, because you need them to challenge and encourage you (Hebrews 10:25). But also having some non-Christian friends puts you in a far better position to lead others to Christ.
Matt used his interest in scouting to build relationships with non-Christians. He couldn't join in everything his scouting buddies did, but like Jesus he worked to be a friend of “sinners” (see Matthew 11:19) without taking part in anything he knew would disappoint God.
3. Take the first step. Don’t wait for your non-Christian friends to ask you about spiritual subjects—you ask them. When Sherri told her non-Christian friends about God’s love and forgiveness, she saw God work through her words and her example to bring a couple of her friends to Christ. Whether or not other kids agree with you, show them that you’re a friend.
When Jesus asked you to tell others about him, he wasn't giving you an impossible task. You can share him with the people right around you!
TALK: With which people right around you can you share the love of God by lovingly talking with and serving them?
PRAY: God, help us to share your love and forgiveness with people dose to us.
ACT: Make a plan to reach out to people closest to you.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple