Business God's Way
“He called out to them, ‘Friends haven’t you any fish?’ ‘No,’ they answered. He said, ‘Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.’ When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.” (John 21:5-6, NIV)
Events in this chapter take place after the crucifixion. This is the third time that Jesus has appeared to the disciples after His resurrection. This scene is described in verses 1-14 and illustrates the advantages of doing business God’s way and operating in the supernatural.
Important lessons in this passage point to the fact that you must:
(1) know who you are and Whose you are. As Christians, we are friends of God, Children of God, and Sons and Daughters of God. We’re called and chosen by Him and have special rights and privileges
(2) be able to hear and recognize the Holy Spirit’s voice. Jesus spoke directly to the disciples but we have the Holy Spirit to speak to us
(3) obey God quickly and willingly when prompted. Delayed obedience is disobedience
(4) not let your feelings or emotions get in the way and prevent you from doing what God tells you to do. The disciples had fished all night without catching any fish and were probably tired and frustrated. Do what God tells you to do regardless of how you feel
(5) come to expect supernatural provision, abundance and miracles when you do business God’s way. The disciples' experience the night before suggests there were no fish to be caught. Fishing God’s way yielded a catch of 153 large fish (so many that the nets began to tear)
(6) pursue a deep, intimate relationship with Jesus by spending time with Him in fellowship, thanksgiving, and prayer.
I confess that I’ve come to prefer doing business God’s way according to His Word and operating according to His laws and kingdom principles. It’s so much easier and the harvest is amazing. Child of God, I encourage you to ask God to show you how to do business His way. You’ll be glad you did.
Lord, thank you for lessons on doing business your way, according to your Word. Holy Spirit, direct my steps every day and help me to be like Jesus in all I do. Through the blood of Jesus and in the name of Jesus I pray, amen.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple