Broccoli or Twinkies?
When I learned that Hostess Twinkies were being discontinued, I was disappointed. Twinkies were a memorable part of my childhood.
Okay, here’s my best relational advice: It’s better to eat broccoli together than to eat Twinkies alone. God has created us for relationships. He has designed us to connect with one another.
Scripture has a lot to say about the importance of connecting with others. In fact, there are 54 “one another” verses in the New Testament which teach Christians how to interact in relationships.
Below is a partial list of verses for the Greek word, allelous, which is translated as “one another” or “each other:”
- A new command I give you: love one another. (John 13:34)
- Be devoted to one another with mutual affection. Honor one another above yourselves. (Romans 12:10)
- Live in harmony with one another. (Romans 12:16)
- Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. (Romans 14:13)
- Accept one another, just as Christ accepted you. (Romans 15:7)
- Serve one another in love. (Galatians 5:13)
- Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. (Ephesians 4:2)
- Be kind and compassionate to one another. (Ephesians 4:32)
- Therefore encourage one another. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
- Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. (James 4:11)
- Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. (1 John 4:7)
- Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another. (1 Peter 3:8)
God has created us to need each other. We are members of one family of God. Yes, we are complete in Christ, but are incomplete without a Christ-centered community. When Jesus called you, He called you to Himself and to His body of believers.
How are you living in community with others and fulfilling the above scriptures?
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple