Bad News/Good News
“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:15)
• The bad news is that we’re all natural-born sinners. But it gets worse.
• Sin separates us from God. Still, it gets worse.
• If we die separated from God, we’ll spend eternity in hell, separated from God. But hold on. It gets even worse.
• The only way to avoid hell by doing good works is by having a life of absolute perfection. Nobody has ever done that—except one. His name is Jesus.
Here’s where the good news that follows bad news begins:
• God loves us so much that He sent His Son to save us from sin, death, and hell. But it gets better.
• If we admit that our sin has separated us from God and trust Him as our only hope of salvation, we are saved from sin, death, and hell. It gets better still.
• He gives us abundant, eternal life that begins in the here and now the moment we accept salvation through faith.
Now, that’s good news that follows mighty bad news!
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple