An Awakened Church
Join other Jesus-followers in united prayer for the Awakening Indicator:
A passionate pursuit among churches for the well-being of their cities through the planting of new congregations, benevolent ministries, practical service, and focused evangelism
Several years ago, I was invited to lead the prayer sessions for our denomination’s international assembly. Interestingly, church leaders had chosen “Awake” for the theme to inspire delegates representing more than 130 nations around the globe. After a powerful week of prayer, worship, and the Word, I experienced an encounter with the Holy Spirit unlike anything I had ever known in my life. It was as if the Father was giving me a clearer picture of what a truly awakened church would look like.
As I have reflected on this personal, awakening moment, these are some of the characteristics that I believe will become evident in an awakened church in any nation:
- We will attract Father’s presence by honoring the Son, seated at His right hand. Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, will become the center of our focus—the preeminent One.
In these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they (Hebrews 1:2–4).
- With cleansed hands and purified hearts, we will be robed with holiness, unconditional love, and power to not only move forward into God’s presence but to move out into our world—forward, never backward.
Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? And who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart . . .” (Psalm 24:3–4).
- Holy Spirit fire will be imparted to us and ignited in us. It will stir within God’s people a righteous indignation for His young sons and daughters who have been overtaken in the darkness of the night.
“but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth (Acts 1:8).
God’s time is not our time. We have heard His call in the past, but we will not hear it forever: I believe He is saying to us: “AWAKE to My cry, AWAKE to My harvest! It is final harvesting time. I have washed you; now continually robe yourself in My purity, My power, and My anointing for My work.”
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Do this, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed (Romans 13:10–11).
—Kay Horner, Executive Director
Awakening America Alliance
Pause and ask yourself: “Am I still dreaming godly dreams for the nation of America?” If so, “Do my prayers reflect a faith in His ability to bring an awakening to our nation?”
Use the bullet points and Scriptures to guide your prayers for:
- Christ to be glorified, the church to be cleansed, and the Holy Spirit to impassion believers to demonstrate the Lord’s love and compassion in their cities.
- Successful evangelism and church planting in your city and across the nation.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple