A Wise Checklist
Some of you are feeling foolish.
The Bible gets pretty specific about what kinds of choices fools make in order to guide us toward the opposite of foolishness... wisdom.
Fortunately for each of us, the Bible doesn't just warn us what not to do in order to avoid living foolishly, it also gives us some firm advice of what wise living looks like. So let's revisit those verses from our "foolish checklist" and see if we can come up with a picture of what it means to be a girl gone wise.
A wise girl...
- Fears the Lord (Proverbs 1:7).
- Responds to the Lord's discipline (Proverbs 1:23).
- Listens to God and rests in knowing that He will take care of her (Proverbs 1:33).
- Makes her parents glad (Proverbs. 10:1).
- Considers and makes changes when criticized (Proverbs 15:5).
- Follows the rules (Proverbs. 10:8).
- Loves to learn (Proverbs 10:14).
- Holds her tongue (Proverbs 10:20).
- Takes pleasure in making wise choices (Proverbs 10:23).
- Is cautious (Proverbs 14:16).
- Runs away from evil (Proverbs 14:16).
- Stays away from conflict (Proverbs 20:3).
- Saves her money instead of spending it all (Proverbs 21:20).
Whew! Those are high standards to live up to! The truth is, we will all fall short and make foolish choices from time to time, but Proverbs helps us see exactly what wise living should look like in order to help us avoid foolishness.
If you try to tackle that entire list at once, you'll find yourself overwhelmed. Instead, ask the Lord to show you one or two areas where you've been making foolish choices and to help you choose wisdom. Then head right back here and tell us how you plan to flee from foolishness and choose wisdom this week.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple