A Letter to Church Planters
Dear Church Planter,
I’m so excited for you! You are about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime!
Before you set sail, here are six things you must know:
- Be more passionate about developing a theological vision of why the church plant you serve exists rather than creating a “cool” Sunday morning worship experience.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Surround yourself with people who are smarter and more gifted than you. Pray them onto the team.
- Risk and faith are two sides of the same coin. Great accomplishments for the Kingdom of God are preceded by epic acts of risk and faith.
- Be organized. Spend time developing systems and processes that will carry forth the theological vision of the church plant in the lives of the people.
- Your MARRIAGE and FAMILY is your most important ministry!
- Love Jesus above ALL because He first loved you. Love Jesus more than attendance records, more than the number of baptisms, more than people telling you how awesome your sermon is. Jesus must be your ultimate joy, because everything else in life is inconsistent. Jesus is the only constant. At His right hand is joy.
I’m so excited for you. In my new book, Limitless Life: You Are More Than Your Past When God Holds Your Future, I share how we planted Transformation Church. I pray that our experience might help you plant as well.