8 Characteristics of Great Teammates
Great teams are a joy to watch. OKC Thunder, Miami Heat, Seattle Seahawks, and more. And of course my beloved Oklahoma Sooners! Reality is, we are all part of some kind of team, wherever we are in life. Family, church, volunteer, sports, business, community, social. As leaders, it's equally important for us to know how to follow and be a great team member as it is how to LEAD and be a team leader. In fact, many believe to be a good leader, you must first be a great teammate. And I would suggest that great leaders are equally in tune with how best to be a teammate, along with how to lead well.
So here are a few thoughts on being a great team member:
1. Good teammates are great finishers. They get the job done. They take projects across the finish line.
2. Good teammates anticipate. They understand what needs to be done next before others, and are always looking for ways to make the process better.
3. Good teammates criticize their leader in private, and praise in public. Enough said on that.
4. Good teammates are trustworthy. When given an assignment, a leader can be assured that it will get done. This is incredibly important.
5. Good teammates are vision copycats. They take on, embody and live out the vision and mission of their leader, and of the organization.
6. Good teammates make their leader better. They push their leader, and know how to lead up appropriately and intentionally.
7. Good teammates make their other teammates better. They know how to lead their peers and lead across in an organization, and don't rely on the leader to be the only one motivating the team, as well as holding the other teammates accountable.
8. Good teammates lead themselves. They don't need to be managed, and aren't needy. They don't need all the attention from the leader.
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple