7 Keys to Having a High-Speed Connection with God
Have you ever tried to download a file that’s dozens or even hundreds of megabytes? Depending on your connection speed, you may be informed that the download could take several hours, even days, to complete! However, if you have an excellent connection, the same download might take just a few minutes. The difference is incredible, isn’t it?
Similarly, have you noticed that certain Christians seem to have a much better connection with God than others? Yet, here’s what the Bible says: “‘In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.’” (Acts 10:34-35)
In other words, God has no “pet” or “favorite” child. So, what helps us have a “high-speed” connection with Him? Here are 7 practical keys:
- Think regularly about the Lord ... the Bible says that as we think in our hearts, so are we! (Proverbs 23:7)
- Immerse yourself in His Word ... not just by one dry reading, but rather by meditating on several verses, on a word that you dwell on in your heart.
- Let the Holy Spirit act in your life, starting with letting Him speak to you! For many Christians, it’s not natural to hear God’s voice, but those who do have a better connection!
- Put habits, spiritual disciplines, into place, like Jesus, Who regularly went to pray in the Garden of Gethsemane.
- Praise and worship God in song! Worship connects us with God! When we praise Him by singing, for example, we shine with joy and our faces are not ashamed. (see the Bible, Psalm 34:5)
- Be thankful. Gratitude brings us closer to God’s heart. Begin and end your days with “Thank You, Lord, for…” and then say at least five things you’re grateful for.
- Emulate those whose faith is great! Paul said, “‘Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.’” (the Bible, 1 Corinthians 11:1) Seek out role models, imitate them, and quite naturally, you will see the Lord act more in your life!
This list isn’t all-inclusive, but it’s a good start! Do you have other ideas about how to have a “high-speed” connection with the Lord?
Thanks for existing!
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple