6 Questions Mothers Should Learn How to Answer
Here’s the thing. I’m not sure I know all the answers to these questions right now. But I need to know so that when my daughter needs my opinion, advice, or just a snapshot of my life, I can articulate my answers so that they might be life-giving to her. So even if your daughter can’t even talk yet, why not sit with these questions a bit and allow God to reveal Himself?
- RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. How do you connect with God now? How did you connect with Him during different parts of your life? How is your view of Him now different or the same as how you viewed Him at varying points of your spiritual growth?
- MONEY. How did you learn to manage money? Are you a good steward now? What does it mean to be a good steward of your finances?
- MATERIAL GOODS. What role do material goods play in your life, now and in the past? What things, that money can buy, are important to you and why? How much emphasis do you allow them to have in your life? Does this differ from when you were a tween/teen/young adult?
- TIME. How do you approach this concept of time? Are you more likely to view as “not enough time” or “everything in God’s time?” Who is in charge of your time and why does it matter? What role do you give God in managing your time?
- DRUGS & ALCOHOL. Did you use them back in the day? What drew you to them, if so? Do you use them now? What role do they play? How to you know whether to engage with them or not? What motivates you to stay away or pushes you towards them?
- LABELS. What labels do you put on yourself? Are they positive, negative, life and person-defining? How have those labels affected you? Would you rather be without them or does this make you feel naked? What if your only label read, “His?”
Written By Jen Ferguson
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple