24 Ways to Connect with God in 24 Hours
Because it's important to have quiet time with God each morning, here are 24 ideas on how to connect with Him.
- Read your Bible and hear God speak.
- Pray and let God listen.
- Take a walk in nature and praise God for the wonders of creation.
- Shoot arrow prayers as challenges arise.
- Pray for neighbors as you drive by their homes.
- Pray for your family whenever you pause by a stop light.
- Pick a symbol that reminds you of God and display it prominently.
- Pray for situations as you read the newspaper.
- Thank God for the morning as you arise.
- Thank God for health as you brush your teeth.
- Sing hymns or songs of praise as you shower or drive to work.
- Sit and meditate in a quiet place.
- Ask God for wisdom in establishing priorities as you plan your day.
- Thank God for your food.
- Pray for guidance and safety before leaving in your car.
- Pray for family members as you see their photos around your house.
- Attend worship on Sundays and pray for church staff weekdays.
- Listen to Christian radio.
- Watch Christian television.
- Call a lonely friend and pray with her/him on the phone.
- Thank God for your senses when you see a beautiful sunset, hear music, smell food or touch a baby’s face.
- Memorize scripture as you exercise.
- Evaluate your day as you go to bed and ask forgiveness for sins.
- Tell God your troubles as you fall asleep.
If you will add just one of these ideas to your daily routine, then your life will be that much richer.