Scrooge or Christian This Christmas?
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. - Galatians 5:22–23 niv
Scrooge is making a comeback this Christmas, reappearing in many hearts. So, are you more like Scrooge or like a Christian? Let’s do some comparison illustrations:
- Scrooge is stingy and hoards all he can. A Christian is as generous as heaven, which gave up God’s Son.
- Scrooge fears he’ll lose it all. A Christian trusts in the Lord for all.
- Scrooge is haughty to the poor. A Christian loves the poor and helps those in need.
- Scrooge worships at the Church of Dow Jones while claiming belief in God. A Christian worships the Lord while professing to be a sinner saved by grace.
- Scrooge resents joy in bad economic times. A Christian feels joy for the good news of Jesus’ birth.
- Scrooge feels entitled to all he’s earned. A Christian feels thankful for what he has.
- Scrooge says, “Bah! Humbug!” to Christmas. A Christian says, “Merry Christmas” because the Savior is born.
Are you a Scrooge or a Christian? What would God say?
Please register for a free account to view this content
We hope you have enjoyed the 10 discipleship resources you have read in the last 30 days.
You have exceeded your 10 piece content limit.
Create a free account today to keep fueling your spiritual journey!
Already a member? Login to iDisciple